The GMR 38mm rim depth makes for a great all rounder. If you’re looking for a wheelset for every day use, particularly if your riding conditions are often windy, this is the one. The 38mm height offers a great aero boost over a standard alloy wheelset but doesn’t add so much side area that the wind can push you around.
Of course, the shallower rim is also lighter, so it’s well suited to hilly terrain.
The GMR 38 Tubeless Rim-Brake is optimized for wide tires with lower tire pressure to meet the performance needs of modern riders in search of low rolling resistance and high compliance. With an internal width of 19mm, the wheelset is well suited for rough roads and tests fastest with a 28mm tire in the majority of wind angles.
Specifically formulated to withstand the same heat our rims can take on, our brake pad compound is exclusive for GMR Series wheelsets. Using a specially formulated rubber compound, durometer and friction agent, we developed a proprietary brake pad and reduced braking distances over that of other carbon fiber wheelsets.
- 38mm rim depth for a balance between aerodynamics and control.
- High temperature resin for consistent braking on long descents.
- Extra stiff hub shell design.
- Proprietary precision machined alloy hubs.
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes with Sapim Polyax double square nipples.
- Sealed cartridge bearings.
- Hand-built assembly.
- Full Carbon Clincher, Tubeless Ready Rim.
- Rim brake.