This is an aerobar defined by fit. Unlike aerobars of the past that had their fit and adjustability range restricted by design and construction, the Aeria Ultimate places fit first. By defining the parameters based on the needs of athletes, fitters, aerodynamics and frame designers, we were able to focus on specific solutions:
- We achieved the largest range with the smallest increments for reach and width of any bar that doesn’t have sliding parts for stack and reach.
- Matched our industry leading stack adjustment of 5mm increments and achieved the same pad stack as bar systems that place the extensions below the basebar.
- All dimensional adjustments are independent – no need to calculate interdependencies or work out how to make desired changes – change just what you need to the position you need it.
- Tilt adjustment is built into the pad/extension bracket without adding any stack height (the only bar to achieve this that we know of) or requiring bolt changes.
- All hardware and component pieces were not only designed for performance and ease of use but also strength.
Reach Adjustment Range (X)
Reach steps in 7.5mm increments with a range of 92mm fore-aft. This range improves the distance between adjustments in half compared to our previous Aeria.
Stack Adjustment Range (Y)
We were able to achieve the lowest stack available in a standard aerobar system without adding extra bracket systems for a low stack option. Improving by 25mm from our innovative Aeria riser system there is now built in tilt adjustment. This feature, although not a stack dimension, has been shown in leading research to improve overall aerodynamics (aerobar + rider). We’re happy to say we’ve been able to do this without adding any extra or complex mechanisms.
Width Adjustment Range (Z)
The pad width options show another view of the extensive and detailed adjustment consistency in the Aeria Ultimate Aerobar system. With no overlapping positions each configuration is a unique fit coordinate.
Combining 5mm stack adjustment with 7.5mm fore/aft adjustment creates the most detailed independent XY adjustment range of any aerobar available.
Fig. The YZ coordinates demonstrate the independent nature of the Aeria Ultimate. Each adjustment is independent of each other allowing each axis full autonomy to achieve the ideal fit. Our competitors offer adjustments that are dependant upon other adjustments, e.g., It is not possible to have a stack lower than 79mm on the Vuka Stealth unless the armrest are wider than 200mm.
- Basebar Width: 42cm (Center-to-Center)
- Bracket: Aeria Ultimate Forged
- Armrest: F40
- Stack: 25mm to 105mm (5mm Increments)
- Reach: -21mm to 92mm (7.5mm Increments)
- Width: 125mm to 252mm (18.5mm Increments)
- Extension Length Adjustment: 230mm to 337mm (Center of Basebar to Tip)
- Extension Length: 378mm
- Extension Height: 71mm
- Extension Angle: 30° (For T4+ Carbon)
- Armrest Rotation: 7°
- Bracket Tilt Adjustment: 0-15°
- Color: Matte Black
- Bar Clamp: 6Nm
- Riser Bolts: 6Nm
- Extension Bolts: 5Nm
- Armrest Bolts: 4.7Nm
- Bracket: 204g (pair)
- Armrest: 141g (pair)
- Extensions: 241g (pair)
- Total: 910g (without stem or armrest risers)